Hydrogen, Batteries and Electrochemistry
This resource pack focuses on the applications of electrochemistry, battery technology and how hydrogen power could lead us to a more sustainable future. Embedded within the PowerPoint presentation are a series of educational videos exploring issues surrounding the use of Hydrogen Fuel Cells as an alternative to electric cars.
Key Specification Points Covered:
OCR Chemistry A Level A – 5.2.3 Redox and electrode potentials: Storage and fuel cells
- (j) Application of principles of electrode potentials to modern storage cells
- Details of storage cells and required equations will be provided. Relevant electrode potentials and other data will be supplied.
- Benefits of electrochemical cells countered by risks of toxicity and fire from Li-based cells.
- (k) Explanation that a fuel cell uses the energy from the reaction of a fuel with oxygen to create a voltage and the change that take place at each electrode.
- Recall of fuel cells and equations will not be required.
- Relevant electrode potentials and other data will be supplied.
EngBAM by University of Birmingham School of Chemical Engineering is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at engbam.com.